Re: winamp Keystroke with JAWS

  • From: "Steve Gomes" <finnygomes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 13:14:31 -0600

dale. I am stuck with winamp. I was listening to a recorded file from radio reference and it is a recording of a police scanner pursuit. A while into the recording I don't hear anything and when I hit jaws key up arrow, jaws says waiting for next track...
I think there is more to this recording but when I hit the letter b for next it won't go to a next track.Even when I started playing it from the beginning, I hit b and it didn't go to the next track. What do you think. Is there a way to determine how many tracks there are in a file?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Leavens" <dleavens@xxxxxxx>
From: Dean Martineau <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Reply-To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: winamp Keystroke with JAWS Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 11:02:58 -0700

You can use winamp to play files back at increased, or decreased speeds, if you download and install the Pacemaker plug-in for Winamp. It's available here:

http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/

the current version is usable but not entirely accessible. I recommend using version 1.32, available here:

http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/old/pacemaker_1.32.exe

The author requests registration and small contribution but it ins't required; besides supporting the author, registration removes the nag screen.

I have done a Sound Computing article on ways to speed up speech in windows, and I or somebody else did, if I recall, something on Main Menu about this plugin as well.

Dean

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw