Re: what effect will this have on us, if any?

  • From: Judith Bron <jbron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 09:27:43 -0500

I called my cable ISP and it is covered.  My suggestion is to contact your ISP
and find out what measures are being taken to cover you.  Since this is a
national adjustment, with only a state or two not participating, my guess is
that they did the same thing as they did for the old daylight savings time.
Judith
  Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:46:09 -0600
  Subject: Daylight Savings Time Changes

  From: University Computing and Communications

  Ref.:  Daylight Savings Time Changes

  The Energy Policy Act of 2005 changed the way that Daylight Savings Time
(DST) is implemented. Starting in the spring of 2007, there are four additional
weeks of DST.  It will now begin at 2:00AM on Sunday March 11 (3 weeks
earlier), and end at 2:00AM on Sunday November 4 (1 week later).

  This change in the law will cause many computer systems to report inaccurate
time. Operating systems, as well as applications that use the local computer
time for reference such as email clients, will need to be updated.   Updates
will need to be applied to computing systems including servers, PCs, mobile
devices, and applications such as Outlook.  In the past few days, UCC has
completed updates to enterprise server systems and to all Windows XP machines
connected to the UNO-domain.

  All Microsoft Outlook clients will need to run an update calendar program to
allow for correction of the DST setting.  UCC has instructions on how to
install this update at  http://ucc.uno.edu/DST_Update2.cfm#L2

  For client machines not part of the UNO-domain, laptops, non-Windows systems,
or mobile devices, please refer to the documentation available at
http://www.ucc.uno.edu/DST_Update.cfm#  for recommended procedures.

  For any questions related to this issue, please contact the UCC Help Desk at
280-HELP or at helpdesk@xxxxxxx