Re: wanting to read a whole title on the taskbar

  • From: Bruce Toews <water_drinker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 11:26:55 -0500 (CDT)

With JAWS you can fith the virtualize the title bar by hitting insert+t twice quickly. this will put the title bar into the virtual buffer.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005, chevelle wrote:

Hi everyone, I hope I can write this question so you can all understand it. I
am listening to streaming radio on the internet. The site I am on is
www.woxy.com. I have chosen to use the plug in that requires winamp. When I
access this site, I turn off speech, and I also close the website once the
streaming starts. I also press windows key m to leave focus from winamp. When I
want to find out what is being played I preess windows key tab to jump to the
taskbar. If it is a long title the braille display will only show part of it.
Here is a small sample of what I'm talking about. When I preess windows key tab
the braille display will show: the words: taskbar the number one then the name
Heather Durby followed by a space then the letter J. Is there a way to get the
braille display to show the whole title on the taskbar? I am assuming that if
you look at the taskbar then a sighted can see the whole title. I am using jaws
5.1, an Alva 544 satellite, windows xp home, and winamp 5.9. Just a side note
if you want to hear radio with no commersials, and djs that areen't reeading
from scripts, check this streaming radio out. Thanks for any help. Oh yeeah
before someone suggests this, I know I could press enter on the winamp when I
am on the taskbar, then route jaws to pc, and see the whole title that way, but
I don't want to do that all the time. I want to quickly jump to the taskbar,
see what is playing, and continue with whatever I am doing.