RE: voices help again

  • From: "jim grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:49:20 -0700

in regard to my last message for new voices available - does anyone
except for me think that jaws as a whole could have a lot better sound
in respect to the way that it gets the information across to us?
 i feel that the voices available could be a lot better...your comments
would be greatly appreciated.
There are a lot of other voices out there that you can use with jaws.
Jaws supports sapi 4 and 5.  so you may use what ever voice you wish.
I personally believe the best voice is the best sounding and taking up
as little memory as possible.  Also cpu time is a consideration.
Response time is another consideration.
The problem is the better the voice the more time it takes up the more
memory is used.  Dectalk access32 has the smallest foot print and there
for should be the synthesizer that is being used.  The response time on
it is better then any other software synthesizer.  Your wish for better
speech is understandable and they are out there but jaws should use the
most responsive and stable as default.  It is sad to me that they are
not doing so.