Re: video intercept error

I also received this video driver update a couple of days ago. I believe (but this is from memory) you first press the button for more details and then can select the button to re-install the video intercept for JAWS. I must admit, however, as soon as I got this error I cheated and just had my sighted wife come over and click the buttons to get me going again. Faster than using Narrator.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Gomes" <finnygomes@xxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:42 AM
Subject: video intercept error

I think windows update must have gotten a new video set up or something the other day. As I posted on the list jaws would not run and narrator said video intercept error. I did a repair or jaws several times and it still didn't work right so I completely removed it and reinstalled it and it seems fine. When I put the jaws 7 cd in, it didn't speak for a while and then said "jaws has made some changes to your computer and you have to restart it to continue with the installation. I would imagine that that had something to do with the video intercept. If I try to run old jaws 6.20, it won't run and narrator says video intercept error. Someone said she came across a button that says fix the intercept error with narrator but I didn't find it. This is likely to happen again and we need to know what to do when it happens. So the question is, what is the best way to respond to a video intercept error.

skype name stevegomes
web site
www.rellek.com/stevegomes
phone 720-747-4990 --