Re: using wireless keyboards and mice with Jaws 9 or 10?

  • From: Németh Dávid <gerdave87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:02:36 +0200

Hello,

there is no special to do with a wireless keyboard or a mouse. Windows should install the required driver softwares automatically, and you can use it. According to my experiences with a Trust keyboard and mouse, i just plugged in the cable, windows had detected, and i could use. If there are special keys on the keyboard, for different actions, E.G. open browser, mail application, increase or decrease the volume, or mute, usually those are set by default, and you can't change them, just with installing the extra software for the device. However, you mentioned that this is a MS package, so it is possible, that Windows has full support for that.

Regards,

Dávid

On 2010.10.19. 8:26, Hank & Patty wrote:
Hello,

I have recently purchased a Microsoft wireless keyboard with also a wireless mouse combo package, I am using Jaws 9 and jaws 10 with Microsoft Vista.  I hope Jaws will work properly as it always has, when I use this wireless keyboard, after I have also  installed this wireless mouse from Microsoft for my sighted wife to be able to use.  Can someone please tell me if Jaws will work properly for me with this wireless keyboard, after I have installed also the wireless mouse?  Is there anything special I need to do to my computer or jaws in order to make jaws work properly with this wireless keyboard from Microsoft?

I have been told that this wireless keyboard and wireless mouse is really easy to hookup and install, I was told that all I need to do is just install each of these one at a time by just plugging  the base for the keyboard and the base for the mouse in one at a time and the computer will pick it up and set it up with my notebook computer automatically, this sounds too easy.......is this the case?  Any help I can maybe get on these questions I have about using this recently purchased wireless mouse and keyboard from Microsoft would be greatly appreciated.  Much thanks in advance.

All the best,

Hank

-- JFW related links: JFW homepage: http://www.freedomscientific.com/ Scripting mailing list: http://lists.the-jdh.com/listinfo.cgi/scriptography-the-jdh.com JFW List instructions: To post a message to the list, send it to jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe from this mailing list, send a message to jfw-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the subject line. Archives located at: //www.freelists.org/archives/jfw Alternative archives located at: http://n2.nabble.com/JAWS-for-Windows-f2145279.html If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list. Rather contact the list owner at jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx