Re: using USB dectalk or dectalk pc card with jaws

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 07:13:45 -0500

     Chevelle!  I'm sorry to say that I do not have a demo of the DEC-Talk
USB.  There is a very tiny sample on the Access Solutions page as Bruce
points out but it's just the nine DEC-Talk voices introducing themselves.
I've been after Access Solutions for at least a year to put a good sample up
like they have for the Triple Talk but so far I've had no luck.  I don't
have a DEC-Talk USB here to make a demo either.  Bruce, if I send you some
text would you have DEC-Talk USB read it and send me the recording?
     Chevelle I must tell you that the DEC-Talk USB voices were
painstakingly created after months of work by both Access Solutions and
Phonix who owns the DEC-Talk name.  The voices had to be recreated through
peoples memory as the original specifications for 4.2 speech have been lost.
Fortunately the person who was very much responsible for developing the 4.2
speech is still around and works for Phonix.

Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com