urgent! please, help

First of all, I am not fimilear with microsoft word, as far as changing the
obtions. I'll try to explain the best I can.
I am trying to help a friend. Who has  a little bit of vision. I think she
wants to make the screen larger so she could see it. We both were trying to do
it using the keyboard and JAWS, but didn't know where to go. I've ask her to go
in to the tools and the view menues, but we still couldn't change it.

She'd had called her sighted friend to come over to help. that friend was able
to go to the  obtions and clicked  on it with the mouse. The sighted friend
told my friend that there is some kind of percentage she needs to click on, to
change the visual screen. She said that there is an icon that we need to clinc.
Is it possible to do it with the keyboard and JAWS? Does anybody know what I'm
talking about? Because I don't even know myself.