Re: update for jaws

  • From: Alex Midence <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:54:39 -0500

On the get it yourself topic, here's my two cents:

One of the reasons I subscribed to this list when I first heard about
it was that there existed the possibility of not having to reinvent
the wheel any time I had a jaws question.  I am a busy man.  I am a
trainer at a call center by day and a father to a toddler and husband
to a wife that is frequently ill when I am not at work.  I simply
don't have time to dig something up all the time.  So, it's nice when
you can post a question to a list in the hopes that others whose
situation might be different might have done some of that digging and
be willing to share their findings.  This way, time is saved,
efficiency is improved and learning can proceed because everyone's
efforts are put together.  People don't all have to learn stuff the
hard way.  My thanks also go to Bill for having taken the time to do
what he did.  Not everyone has time for fishing.   some people need an
m r e.  Having said that, I will concede that it is very important to
teach people how to find information for themselves when the situation
calls for it.  How could I not?  Teaching is my profession, after all.
 The way to do it is by providing the information requested along with
a road map on how to obtain it.  The fish is provided along with a
pole in case the person wants some more.

Be well, all

Alex