Re: update for jaws

  • From: "Bill White" <billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 10:23:56 -0700

Enhancements in JAWS 11.0.1461 (June 2010)
The following is a list of items addressed or added between the final JAWS
11.0.1447 release and the JAWS 11.0.1461 posting. All enhancements since the
initial public beta release are included in this release.

JAWS
Resolved an issue where letters were lost when using Typing Mode with a Focus
braille display.
Resolved a customer reported issue where JAWS was announcing large negative
values in combo boxes.
JAWS no longer duplicates information that is typed into form edit fields.
Resolved issues and improved performance with the Convert Currency and MLB
Scores lookup sources in Research It.
Word and Outlook
Addressed an issue reported by The Lighthouse of Houston related to the spell
checker not working as expected when using a third party add-in with Word.
When in a table in a Word document, the INSERT+TAB keystroke correctly
announces the cell content along with column and row title.
The default setting for graphics detection in all versions of Word and Outlook
2007 or later is set to Labeled by default. This means that JAWS announces alt
text (if available) and image dimensions.
Resolved an issue where tutor messages were spoken before relevant information
when using the ARROW Keys to read the next line or previous line in an Outlook
2010 e-mail message. This fix also resolves an issue where tutor messages were
spoken with each press of an ARROW Key when moving through a message folder.
JAWS no longer announces an unknown function call error when Outlook 2003 is
configured to request a user name and password before launching.
Lotus Notes
Resolved two issues with Lotus Notes®. JAWS now announces labels for the date
and time fields in a calendar entry. Also, the ALT+DOWN ARROW keystroke now
opens the combo box for date and time fields.
Resolved an issue with Lotus® Sametime® software where JAWS was not reading
chat history when using the ARROW Keys.
The Lotus Notes topic in the JAWS help file has been updated to include the
latest application functionality and keystrokes.

I hope this helps you, Laura.

Have a wonderful day!
Bill White billwhite92701@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx