RE: unzipping files

  • From: "CathyAnne" <cathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:19:36 -0800

1. Focus on the file you would like to Unzip in My Computer
2. Open the File Menu
3. Cursor down to the "Open With" sub menu and press ENTER
4. Press ENTER on "compressed (zipped) folders"

The contents of the zip file will now display in a new My Computer Window.
You can "extract" these files to a location of your choice.  Follow these
steps:
1. Open the File Menu
2. Press ENTER on "Extract All"

A Wizard will open.  Activate the next button and specify a location to
which you would like to unzip the contents of the file.

Finish up the wizard by activating the 'next" button.

The files will extract and pressing ENTER one more time will open the folder
into which you have extracted the documents.

Good luck with your course!

----

CathyAnne Murtha
Online Access Technology Trainer