Re: unscribe

  • From: "Blake Sinnett" <frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 05:53:58 -0600

Speaking of scribing and alike, has any one tried any LiteScribe cd label making software?

"frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx" is a NetIBA certified email address. Certificate #1070793E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?22912

From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: unscribe
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:26:59 -0500

Hi Yardbird,

I get it already, and yes I told her that she was spelling it incorrectly. I am sorry that I accused you of misspelling it as well. My mistake.

Rick

=====

Author:
Helen Keller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 9:23 PM Subject: Re: unscribe

Rick, I see. Look, that has been going around for a week or more. The person simply doesn't know the word "unsubscribe," and so she wrote "unscribe," and everyone has had fun insulting her but I don't think anyone's just tried to help. So you aren't noticing anything new. It's just that she sent the same frustrated request again, using the same nonexistent word.

Mary Jo, here are the actual words.

To register on a mailing list is to *subscribe* to that list.  Not *scribe.*

So, to stop receving messages from that list, what a person does is to
*unsubscribe."  The "un" means to reverse something.  Subscribe, then
unsubscribe.

I hope that's helpful.
get is,ragged Joy