turning off options in jfw

  • From: "Don Bishop" <donbishop49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw list" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 18:20:56 -0800

I have jfw 5.0 and use the advanced verbosity options.  When I go to the
desktop, for example, jfw says folder view and other info before it actually
announces
the item such as "my computer".  I think I can turn this off in the advance
preferences settings but not sure.  I tried unchecking control type and also
control
information but now I seem to have lost the announcing of the item itself but
still have all the control info being voiced.  I can do a repair and get things
back so
I'm not worried about that, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of the tree
view, folder view, listview, etc., as I really don't need that information.
Also, it shows
up in braille as well and takes up unnecessary room on the display.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Don