Re: the perpetual tale of the CD burner

  • From: "John McLuckie" <john_mac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:59:55 -0600

Judith, I don't know if I can help you any at all as I have not used EZ CD
Creator for a long time and the OEM version I originally had, worked great
with JAWS, but the newer versions I had difficulty with.  Anyway, one thing
I am confused about is the formatting of the CD you refer to.  A blank CD
you purchase is already formatted.  However, you need to be aware that once
you record to it, you can not record again.  You can not change what has
been recorded either.  so, I
'm wondering if you should be using what is called a CDRW (Compact Disk Read
and Write) which must be formatted and which allows you to use it,
essentially, like a floppy drive.  When I format my CDRW's it takes several
minutes for the CD to complete formatting.  I can't be specific because it
would depend on the speed of your  drive and probably your computers speed
too, but I just don't exactly know.

Without going on and on, if this is getting anywhere near what you believe
may be a problem for you, just respond and let me know if you want me to get
any more specific.  i'll do what i can to assist you.

John