Re: the desk top

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:09:41 -0700

No, Steve.  They're icons, and each one takes up space.  You can only fit so
many of them in a row from top to bottom, and then additional ones have to
start at the top to make a second row, and so forth.  Imagine the Desktop as
the surface of your dining room or kitchen table, and the icons as dishes
that are all the same size as each other.  They can't be shrunk.  You can
line up only so many of them from one edge of the table top to the other
before you have to start a new row.  Hope this helps.