still a nagging gmail question

Hello again, all.

Please forgive this post, as you may have read my previous posts on the
issue below, but I'm still struggling with something.

Perhaps I didn't state my problem clearly enough the other day.

For my personal e-mail, I have switched to a g-mail account.

I have successfully integrated g-mail into Outlook Express, but still have a
problem I can't seem to get rid of.

Since I have integrated g-mail into Outlook Express, I now have two sets of
folders in my local mail folders.

One set is the normal outlook express folder list, which is now completely
empty.

The other somewhat less jaws-friendly set of folders is my g-mail imap
folder list.

All of my g-mail now goes into my g-mail imap folder list.  My preference
would be to have all of my g-mail go into the normal Outlook Express folder
list, but if that's not possible, that's ok.

The problem now is that, in my g-mail folder list, there's a trash folder,
but deleted messages don't seem to go there.  They are deleted immediately.
... So, if I delete something, it's gone permanently, and I have no chance
to retrieve it.

If I can't use the normal Outlook Express folder list for g-mail, and have
to use the g-mail e-mail folders, how can I get deleted messages to go into
the trash folder without being deleted immediately?

Thanks to anyone who can help, and I hope I've stated my problem more
clearly.

Tom Behler in Colorado