From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of stephen faill
Sent: 24 July, 2009 8:34 AM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: statement when jaws starts

        ok gerald, thanks for that.

        i will give it a shot.

        regards.

        stephen faill

                ----- Original Message -----
                From: Gerald Levy <mailto:bwaylimited@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:14 PM

                This has been covered already, but I'll repeat it
anyway.  The easiest way to change the JAWS start-up message is to use
the Dicttionary Manager.  Follow these steps:
                1.  Go to the JAWS Utilities menu and select Dictionary
Manager.
                2. Hit Space on the Add... dialog to select the Add
Dictionary Definition dialog.
                3. In the Actual Word field, type "jaws for windows is
ready." exactly as it appears in quotes.
                4. In the Replacement Word field, type the phrase you
would like to hear instead.  For example, you could type in something
like, "Hurray!! JAWS 10 is good to go!!".
                5. If you wish, you can also add a sound to play along
with the phrase by choosing a sound from the list of provided sounds.
                6. Tab to Okay and hit Space.
                7. Close the Dictionary Manager, and reply with Yes when
prompted to save changes.  Now, whenever you turn on your computer or
launch JAWS manually, you will hear the new phrase you just created
instead of "JAWS for Windows is Ready".

                Gerald