Re: spyware

Jack,

Try running the HijackX Utility.

There are also some other hijacked webpage browser removal tools.  You can try
checking these out as well, hopefully you can avoid reformatting.

This little didy will get rid of some of the more well known Home page
Hijackers.
CoolWebShredder
http://www.spychecker.com/program/cwshredder.html

Hijack This and BHODemon and Browser Hijack Blaster

Hijack This
http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip |
Written by a member of our support forums and based on our Hijacked! article,
this program scans the locations in your computer system that may be modified
by browser hijackers and fixes any problems found. An easy-to-understand
tutorial is available at TomCoyote.org.

http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=sp#det
BHODemon
http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/bhod/ |
Think of BHODemon as a guardian for your Internet browser: it protects you
from unknown Browser Helper Objects (BHOs), by letting you enable/disable them
individually. This program is my choice for BHO detection and is highly
recommended.

Browser Hijack Blaster
http://www.wilderssecurity.net/bhblaster.html |
Running silently in the background, Browser Hijack Blaster only springs into
action when an attempt is made. It watches and protects the following items:
IE Homepage, IE Default Page, IE Search Page, BHOs. Whenver one of the above
items is changed, or a BHO is added, you are immediately provided with
information
on the item, along with the option to keep the change, or revert to your
previous settings.

Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
k8sp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx