RE: software accessibility problem

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:25:22 -0400

Hello.

You may want to reclass the Windows.

I hope this helps.

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of tiffany
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 10:01 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: software accessibility problem

Hi all. I recently received software from Zondervan, "the Zondervan Bible
Study Library Family Edition 5.0." When I went to install this, the setup
screen said nothing. So I had someone sighted click on install and the rest
of the installation screens read fine with jaws. When the program was
installed, the menu options under the menu bar would read but the main
window is split in to 2 windows with the left side containing a bible and
the right side containing other pertinent information. I only know how this
was set up because someone told me. "When I arrowed down, none of the text
would read, however, the screen would visually advance. When I tabbed, this
would not take me between any of the windows or change anything. I was
wondered if anyone know anything about this software or if anyone might be
able to write me a jaws script to enable this program to be accessible.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Tiffany