sleepmode,JAWS7 and above,Brailledisplay

  • From: "Claudio Sacco" <c.sacco@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:53:23 +0200

Hello
I resend this message, because I didn't get a satisfying answer. Look at the
origine message bellow. Having this problem fixed would be a great gain of
time. If nobody has a solution to it, then perhaps a suggestion where to
forward this message?
Thanks
Hi
Putting my Computer in sleepmode, then waking it up produces a
Brailledisplay problem.
I'm using JAWS7.x and JAWS8.x, WinXP, USB-connection.
Problem description:
It would be fine, if I could use the sleepmode of my laptop for example to
move between two offices or between two trains. When I wake my laptop up
afterwards however, I hear the USB-connecting sound, but my display doesn't
show anything and doesn't respond to any keymovement. This problem is
happening since JAWS6.2. My Brailledisplay is a Satellite traveller 544. I
heart that Displays of handytech and Baum do have the same problem, and
Displays of Freedom scientific don't. Is this true? This has nothing to do
with USB-connection, because a series conection shows the same problem. I
haven't this problem with no other device connected to my computer, so it
must be a JAWS problem. I reported this problem once upon a time and I was
told, that the problem will be fixed; but it looks as if Freedomscientific
hasn't fixed it even in the latest JAWS version. Aren't they interested in
it?
Please, please, please help fixing it. I don't won't loosing time each time
I wake my computer up, by first having to shut down JAWS and reloading it.
Being able to use the sleepmode is a right of everyone working with a
computer, and so also for each JAWS user, isn't it.
Thanks
Claudio