Re: selecting text seen by jaws curser only?

  • From: "Francis Daniels" <fdaniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:13:00 -0700

Control Insert W copies the web page to the virtual window.  The whole page.
That includes menus and text, but no graphics.  If there are links, they
convert to text.
I move to the top of the window with Control Home.  Then I move to the part of
the page I want and start selecting text, as you would when in Microsoft Word.
The process is the same.  When I have text selected, I copy it to the
clipboard.  If I want to copy it to Word, I switch to Word and paste it in the
document.  Sometimes I have to select from various part of the window so as to
exclude parts I don't want.

The other way to do this is to copy it all into Word and then edit out in Word
the parts I don't want.  Either way, it's pretty nice.  Then, once you have
what you need, you switch back to the virtual window and press escape to close
it.

Francis