Re: seeking a better working knowledge

Oh dear! you have made me nervous, the external drive I had on my failed desktop saved the day and it is now on my dell windows 7 with Jaws 11 the old laptop has no back up, I am typing with now, seems to me the article I heard about creating a back up off your Pccc, may be a good idea, article saidd if your house is flooded or burgled, all your data is out there floating around like a comet I am trying to picture it with mr Jaws up there with it all

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rik James" <Ohio1803@xxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 6:51 PM
Subject: seeking a better working knowledge

I just lost data on an external hard drive that was hooked up to my home
network on a modem router.
Maybe it was my fault. Not sure. If anyone has recovered data on one, I'd
appreciate it.

I wondered this.  I wish to learn some basic things about networking and
file management using multiple computers on my simple home network that
uses a modem router.  Can anyone recommend a book or website.
Thanks.

Rik