Re: scanning software with MS office

  • From: Jean Menzies <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:46:09 -0700

I'm not sure what you mean by facing pages.  There is a checkbox to indicate
if the pages are double-sided, and then the program will collate the pages
after the scan.  So you would scan all in one direction, turn the pile over
and scan the other sides if that makes sense.  But I don't know about say a
book where you have two pages facing at the same time.  If that's what you
mean, then I don't think so.

But here's what I would try.  It's cumbersome, but I think this might work.
If you can hold the book so that only one page is facing on the scanner
glass at a time, that would be an option.  Or slip a blank piece of paper in
to cover the side you aren't scanning, and then scan one side at a time with
the paper covering the other side.

This is untested on my part, but it might work.  I didn't say easy, did I?
Smile.

Jean