RE: scanning a document for capitalization with Jaws

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:24:23 +0100

Troy,

I don't think JAWS has any way of doing something like this; in general
it builds on what the application can do, so I suspect that might be the
first area to investigate. If the word processor your company works for
has a Find utility, maybe you could explore that. In Microsoft Word, for
instance, you can get it to look for two spaces followed by a lower case
letter, and so long as you have put two spaces between sentences, this
should find the beginnings of sentences that need changing. Similarly,
searching on an Enter keypress followed by a lower case character will
find the beginnings of paragraphs that need changing.

Steve