Re: same link find not working in jaws 8

  • From: "ptusing" <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:16:38 -0500

Hi,
I use JAWS 7.0 and the last 7 versions have used the "s"keystroke as a navigation keystroke.

It always picked the same kind of l ink you are on as in movie titles on a shoppingsite like
cduniverse.com or a shirt within "shirts"  on a shoppingsite etc.
Thus  if you were looking for
"a movie but did not know the exact title, but were not sure when the movie was released, you couldgo to "new releases" and findthefirst titleand keep hitting the s and you wouldget titles.

Without hitting the  s, you might get the price,
wide or narrow view, director, actors or anything related  to the movie.

The s eliminates all "the other stuff" and lets you move down the information super fast.

Not all information is in a list.

Suppose you do not exactly know the name of  something like
articles in a health-related site, the s would keep you in the titles of articles
if you start hitting the s when on the link ofthe first news story title.

Now the s is broken and you get every single link which the s was never itended to do. The great thing about the s is that your handsstay within the home row and if you can 80% of what you do not need until you need it, then
things are read so much faster.

As we buy morethings on the web, the s really helps in many but not all sites.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cher Bosch" <Cher.Bosch@xxxxxxxxxxx>