Re: running JAWS 6.0 as a service in windows xp home

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:56:23 -0700

I have closed down a number of services previously in an attempt to get Jaws to
start sooner. It might have made 4 or 5 seconds difference.
Be very very sure to keep very accurate notes (and don't lose them) of which
services you closed as you may well find you will need them later. Some of them
affect Internet, e-mail, printers and faxes, updates, and all the other myriad
things your computer does. I have some info filed away on how to use services
and which ones are required and when. If you wish, write me privately and I can
send you what info I have.