  From: Rosemarie Chavarria
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:17 PM
  Subject: Re: responses

  Hi, Dave.  Speaking of children, in June of 2004 I quit a computer class for
that same reason.  I was going to this program called ROP which stands for
regional occupation program.  They were supposedly teaching skills so a student
could eventually get a job.  I know that part of having a job is having to go
on the internet to resaresearch something but at ROP they didn't want to teach
it.  All they wanted to teach was the basics--namely microsoft word and excel.
 When I asked the instructor if they were going to teach the internet, she blew
up at me and told me that I would be dropped from the class if I asked that
again.  I told her that learning to go on the internet was just as important as
learning the basics.   To make a long story short, she told the supervisor that
I had a so called attitude.  The supervisor called me and got on my case.  I
told her that I wasn't going to ROP just to learn the basics but that I also
wanted to learn to go on the internet.  Anyway, in June I told Karen (the
supervisor) that I was quitting the class.  I told her that I was wanting to
learn openbook but that wasn't the only reason I quit the class.  I don't
recommend ROP to anyone because the teachers even act like babies or
teen-agers.  All they want to do is stay stuck in a rut.
  Rosemarie