Re: responding dierectly...

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:47:02 -0800

Judith,
Just to be fair for anyone for whom finding the 8 key blind with their left
hand isn't a convenience (me, for instance), there's no harm in opening a
menu of Managers by pressing Insert F2, then arrowing down or pressing K to
get to Keyboard manager. And, as the very basic instruction Eric Damery
gives in his audio presentation for opening the Configuration Manager, you
can always open the Utilities menu in the Jaws Window, arrow down and choose
Keyboard Manager, too. A million ways to get things done, let a hundred
flowers bloomin the courtyard, and all that good stuff. I make the last
remark in jest, hoping to stave off the people who so often get alarmed and
think you're trying to force your method on others when you mention an
alternative keystroke for something. I don't know what sets people off like
that, when it isn't where I'm coming from, or whoever happens to be unlucky
enough to have mentioned something like that, but the laid back American
phrase "a million ways to get things done" ought to help prevent the flaming
(knocking on wood).