RE: request 4 help with RDP

  • From: "Bissett, Tom" <tom.bissett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:47:13 -0400

Hi Ahmed,  unfortunately you need to install jaws on the servers as well as
your workstation.  There is no work around.  I work in a similar environment
where I need to access servers in this way.  Having to reboot them can be an
issue.  Also we have been moving to ESX virtual servers and jaws won't run on
them.  Jaws keeps crashing the virtual servers.  It is becoming a real problem.
Depending of what kind of work you need to do on the server.  For
troubleshooting I will often map to the servers drives and retrieve log files.
Also if you map to the server C drive you can then access the windows event
logs through the event viewer on your work station.
So there are some things you can do without remoting into the server but it is
limited.
Regards

Tom Bissett
BMO Financial Group