reply2sender script for version 4 or 5

  • From: "Rob" <musicmaker365@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 12:06:26 -0500

Hi, please help me by testing this script.
but first, make a copy of your jfw folder just in case something goes wrong.
Now, while in Outlook Express, pressing alt+1 twice quickly, will read the
from field. I have modified this script to copy the senders name to the
clipboard, so you may paste it in a new message.
start by copying the script below to clipboard.

1 while in Outlook, open the script manager with insert+0
2 press ctrl+L
3 press the letter R untill you come to Read from field
4 press enter
5 press ctrl+R
6 press ctrl+V to paste in the new script
7 press ctrl+S to save the changes.
---------------
Script ReadFromField ()
var
 int iVPC
Let iVPC = GetJcfOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR)
;SetJcfOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR, 0)
If !(FindDescendantWindow (GetRealWindow (GetFocus ()), From_Field2)) then
 ReadHeaderField (From_Field3, msg_from1_L)
Else
 ReadHeaderField (From_Field2, msg_from1_L)
pause()
PCCursor()
{ctrl+A}
pause()
SayLine()
{ctrl+C}
pause()
SayString("I have copied the sender's address to the clip board.")
SayString("Open a new message & paste in the sender's address.")
Endif
;SetJcfOption (OPT_VIRTUAL_PC_CURSOR, iVPC)
EndScript