RE: removing windows messenger

  • From: "Wil James" <wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:52:11 -0500

Do the next best thing.  Just disable it from coming up at all.  Here's how:

Method 1:

1. Bring up the main interface of Windows Messenger.
2. Hit alt+t, o for the tools menu and options.
3. Under the general tab, you will see a check box for starting with
Windows. Uncheck this box and tab to the ok button.

Method 2 is a bit more steps, but it will hide Windows Messenger without
tampering with your Outlook Express address book and settings.  Here are the
steps to follow:

1. Hit start, s for settings, right arrow to open this submenu, c for
control panel, a until you hear add/remove programs, then hit enter.
2. Hit alt+w for Add/Remove Windows Components.
3. A list of components will come up. Arrow down to Windows Messenger and
hit the space bar to uncheck it. Note: On some systems, the check/uncheck
status will not be spoken.
4. Tab over to the next button and hit space on it.
5. You'll have some disk activity and then focus will be back on add/remove,
where you can alt+f4 this screen, as well as control panel.
6. You should have no messenger come up after following these steps.

--------------------
Do you want to know about new products when they come out? Do you have a
product the blind community would benefit from? Please visit Cutting Edge
Solutions at
http://www.cuttingedgesolutions.biz.

E-mail/MSN:
wil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx