Re: regular expression type finds with Jaws

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:35:47 -0700

I think you want a little program perhapse written in a language like perl
or a unix shell script.  That is the best way I know how to accomplish
what you want.  Java or any other programming language probably have
facilities for completeing what you want.  Remember when defining such a
search, how you see information on a webpage may not translate into the
format of the actual file.

Dan Beaver <dbeaver@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/28/2004 07:26 AM
Please respond to jfw

        To:     jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        cc:
        Subject:        regular expression type finds with Jaws

does anyone know if there is any way to do regular expression type finds
with Jaws?  I receive the JFW list and Jaws script list and blind
programming lists via the digest format.  I find it rather tedious at
times to search on the header line and then cursor down until I get to the

beginning of a posting to read it.
I thought about searching on Subject but there are many times occurrences
of this within history of old posts and the like and it is impractical.

What I'd like to be able to do is define a search where I could indicate
that the word subject should be the first word in the line and that it
should start in column 1 or at least not have anything preceding it in the

line.

Is this possible?

Dan Beaver
IBM Global Services Lexington