Re: reading tables on the internet with Jaws

  • From: Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:07:29 +1200

Hi there,
Same answer again.
From Internet Explorer, press JAWS Key plus number row 6 to go to Config Manager. Then at the Config Manager, press CTRL plus Shift plus D to switch to Default Config file. Then press Alt plus S for Set Options then H for HTML Options. Press CTRL plus Shift plus TAB to go to Advanced page. The item you are lroking for is "Document Presentation Mode" combo box. Press down arrow to select "Screen Layout" then press ENTER. Press CTRL plus S to save the Default file and press Alt plus Fbled to exit Config Manager. You are done. From now on, JAWS will present websites just like the way sighted users see on their screen.
Cheers,
Joseph

----- Original Message -----
From: "KANE BROLIN" <kbrolin65@xxxxxxxxx
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 22:53:34 -0400
Subject: Re: reading tables on the internet with Jaws

Hi, Troy and others:

I posed this question earlier. Are you saying there's no way to
modify JFW
so tables automatically come up in the presentation mode that is
standard
for sighted users? How do I modify my JFW 7 or JFW 8 experience
with
Internet Explorer 6 to make it so tables by default come up in
the "normal
way"?  Or do I have to navigate through them line by line with
CTRL+ALT+ARROW? Just wondering about the proper command sequence
here,
because I would love the option of reading tables across the
screen as a
default using my PowerBraille 80.  Thanks in advance.

-Kane
From: "Troy Burnham" <homerun@xxxxxxxxx
To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:22:42 -0500
Subject: reading tables on the internet with Jaws

Hi All,
I'm in a fantasy baseball league this year and the statistics for
each
player are listed in what I think is supposed to be table form,
however the
way it shows on the page all of the column headings are listed
one under the
other and then the statistics for each player that should
supposedly go
across the page are also listed under each other after the list
of columns.
Needless to say this makes it difficult because I have to count
down to see
what column I want, then I have to go down to the actual numbers
and count
down to the corresponding number.  Is there an easier way to do
this, like
listing the column headings across the page and the numbers for
that column
underneath it?  I asked this question the other day, I believe on
this list,
but I have lost the replies that I got.

Thanks.
Troy

subject line.

If you have any concerns about the list, post received from the
list, or the way the list is being run, do not post them to the
list. Rather contact the list owner at
jfw-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.eset.com