questions about windows mail

Good day everyone,
I have questions about setting rules in windows mail.  I have created my
individual folders and have gone through all the steps to create a rule jus
like when I was using outlook express.  However not all of my messages are
going in to the correct folders  some go in fine and some don't.  I especially
would like all of the messages from this list to go in to the assigned folder
as it has quite alot of good information and I will miss something useful if it
doesn't work properly.
Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Lisa