Re: question about using jaws 8.00.423 and outlook express

  • From: "Robert Hebert" <roberthebert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:39:04 -0800

I was having a similar problem after installing Jaws 8.
At about the same time though, I went with I/E 7.
Also at about the same time I think there may have been a video driver update.
Anyway, on my system I solved the problem by changing the width of my caret.
To do this, go to cursor options within Jaws configuration manager.
So far, as far as I can tell, anything that has worked for me has never worked
for anyone else but for what it's worth, that's what I did and it worked for me
anyway.
Not only that, changing your caret dimension is a minor fix and easy to change
back to your original setting--just make a note of your original dimensions.
I believe I changed the width only by 2 pixels.