program to put applications in the system tray

  • From: "David & Patricia Ferrin" <dpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:24:22 -0400

I just found this little program called trayconizer, it's a single file that
is very good at putting programs in to the system tray.  It requires no
install and doesn't do a thing to your registry either.  I'm not certain of
the address where I got it but all you would need to do is go to google and
search for trayconizer.exe, that's how I found it the second time.  I didn't
think it was anything I needed at first because there are some other
programs that do that very thing, but then I decided to go back and give it
a try and it's kind of a nice little utility.  All you need to do is set it
up in the icon of what ever you want to minimize to the system tray, for
example.

c:\tools\trayconizer.exe c:\tools\clock.exe

That's how the icon is setup for the American printing house clock I have
running in the background.  The clock comes up normally but when I hit it's
minimize feature it goes in to the system tray effectively staying out of
the way.  This allows it to announce the time every 15 minutes without
interfering with programs in the tab order.
David Ferrin
I believe that tomorrow's another day, and I'll probably screw that one up
too.
personal email address
dpf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx