problem with the say window prompt and text function

  • From: "Nicol Oosthuizen" <NOosthuizen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:55:02 +0200

NB: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice

----
Maybe this problem can be resolved with simple customization without
scripting, any help is  highly appreciated.

I'm using jaws 7. I experience it that each time when I press insert+tab
to speak the window prompt and text it says  quote before and after
reading the window prompt and text. For example in word's find  dialogue
it will say: quote find what? Quote.

I really don't want it to say quote each time. How do I  prevent jaws
from reading quotes when reading to me the window prompt and text? When
I unload jaws with insert+f4 and I load it back again with control+alt+j
it reads to me the window prompt and text fine for a while without
reading the quote sign, but then after a while I hear quote at the
beginning and end of the text. I also turned off punctuation reading,
but it doesn't help.

This is really disturbing me.

I wrote a script with the say window type and text function in it and I
assigned  it to insert+tab.

Script SayWindowTypeAndText

SayWindowTypeAndText (GetCurrentWindow ())

EndScript

 When I use my script with the say window type and  text function in
stead of using  the say window prompt and text function, it  doesn't
read the quote sign anymore,  but it  doesn't solve the problem. For
example in internet explorer it won't read to me the form field my
cursor is on, in excel it won't read to me the sheet I'm on and in some
dialogues such as word's find dialogue it will only read to me the
dialogue title instead of the field  I'm on such as find what? Edit.