Re: problem with forms mode

  • From: "JDM" <sunnyday001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:00:35 +1100

Tom Lange writes, "I've used hotmail and msn mail, which are essentially the
same, and have
> concluded that editing messages online is really, really aggravating...."

Tom,

Yes, writing/editing from within hotmail and other similar online services
is a beastly experience. here, I've added my hotmail account into my Outlook
Express client, and so I receive, read, reply  and write all my hotmails
from within Outlook Express without ever ever having to enter the hotmail
Web Site at all.  It's a cinch, I have all the ease and familiarity of using
my usual Email client  and I can also simply move from one hotmail folder to
another to check the contents in a matter of milli seconds, rather than the
10 to 20 seconds it takes hotmail online and JAW's to move around.  I
believe that any Web based Email system, not just hotmail or msn mail, can
be added into the Outlook Express client  as an http account.
When I was still using hotmail online from the Web, I never ever bothered to
look into the Junk mail folder, it just took too long.  Now that I access it
from within Outlook Express,i regularly check it and am often very surprised
to find that the hotmail SPAM filter has sent important Emails in there.
Emails from this very list were initially sent into my Jumk Mail folder.

Given the horrid difficulties of Screen Readers I had to use in the late
80's and early 90's, JAW's is a fabulous product, but it can be slow at
times, so it deserves all the help it can get to hurry it along.

JDM