popups are blocked on this page...

  • From: "harry bates" <hdbates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jfw" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:33:32 -0400

When surfing the internet, I have encountered quite a number of links that
are now inaccessible to me, and on the status line I get the message,
"popups are blocked on this page, press the control key when clicking on the
link."
or something like that.
So, I try and try again and again and I get the same results, a popping
sound, but no web page opening or even a popup.
Does this mean I will have to remove my popup blocker like adshield?
Is there a work around to be able to click on a link and be able to read the
web page?
Are others having this problem?
Are we now being forced to view advertisements?
If so, what is the need for a popup blocker?
Is there a quick way to open a popup and then skip it to get to the web page
desired?
I ask this because I am really ignorant, and would like to know.