RE: please help

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:37:12 -0400

I preface this suggestion by acknowledging there's a debate about whether
there should be one or two spaces after the end of a sentence. Despite my
pre-computer typing training, I have been convinced that modern print fonts
mean that two spaces are no longer desirable. So the way I solve the problem
you describe is to search for two spaces and replace with one space. If you
think there might be an odd number of spaces, say three, then search for
that number first and replace with a single space. Then search for all
instances of a double space and replace with that single space.

  _____