RE: permanently truning off typing echo

  • From: "Robert McCoy" <rmccoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:03:36 -0300

Is it only the letter keys you want to turn off?  For example, I like to
hear symbols and numbers if I type them.  To do this, open the application,
go to the configuration manager by hitting jaws key and number 6 on the
number row.  Go to keyboard options and in here you will find that you can
check things you want to speak and those you want muted.  speak letters is
one of the options.
If you do not want something that says always speak such as the alt key,
shift key or control key to speak the process is different.  When in the
menu, you have to delete the name of the key by tabbing twice, hit enter to
open forms mode, then delete the title in the edit box.
Once done, save your settings.

Robert McCoy
506-459-6636