RE: outlook; was misc settings in office 2003 with jfw9?

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 17:46:51 -0400

Actually, I think it confuses things a bit.

The icon your left with if you do that is the one I described which is
used for visual notification of new email.  If you choose the "hide when
minimized" option, and you've chosen to not show this notification icon
in the systray, then you'll have nothing at all to see when outlook is
minimized.  You're not minimizing the window to the systray, you're just
hiding the window, while allowing the notification icon (which briefly
changes to an envelope when you've got new email) to show.

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator
Florida Public Service Commission