Re: opening pdf

  • From: "cheryll" <cheryll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:15:34 -0700

Hi Robert,

Hurray! It worked...
Thanks so very much.
You give wonderful directions.
Many thanks,
Cheryl

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: RAWest
  To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:22 PM
  Subject: RE: opening pdf

  Ok Cheryll

  Lets give this a try.

  1Open my computer.
  2 Highlight local disk C
  3 Press alt T for the tools menu.
  4Up arrow until you find Folder options and press the enter key.
  5 Shift tab once and right arrow over to file types.  Give it a little time
to fill in the list.
  6 tab once, this will put you in the list of all the file associations.
  7Hit the letter P.  This will jump you through the list where the P's start.
  8 Arrow down until you find PDF.  It might tell you no file is associated
with it.
  9 tab until you find the change button and hit enter on it.
  10Here you can brows for the program.
  11 You want to go to start menu, program files, adobe reader8 .  It would be
the name of the program you would press enter on if you went through the start
menu to get to it. Or whatever version you have installed.
  12 after you select it make sure the box is checked telling it to always use
this program.
  13 then hit ok, or yes
  14 then if there is an apply button hit it or just hit ok.

  Then try opening the file again.

  Hope you can follow this.

  Don't worry we shall resolve this for you.

  Robert

  To find me you can do the following.

  Skype id:  rawest24

  Aim id:  rawest24