Re: office shortcut bar persists

Hi,
If you are running windows XP, then hopefully the below information will
help you!
In windows XP, there are actually more than one startup folders on your
hard drive.
If you hit windows key E, this will bring up Windows Explorer.
You will land on 'my computer'.
Tab one time and you will be  in a list view of your computer.
Arrow down to local C, then hit enter.
The first one in the list should be application data, select it then hit
enter.
Here is a list of your users, which there should be at least all users and
you.
In each one of the folders you can do the following to see if you can find
the Office shortcut bar:
1. Hit enter on the user name
2 Hit W until you hear windows and hit enter.
3 Hit S until you hear start menu and hit enter
4 Select programs and hit enter
5 Hit S until you hear startup, then hit enter
6 this is the list of startup items for that user.  Arrow up and down
through them to see if one of them is Microsoft Office shortcut bar.
7 If you find the shortcut bar, then select it and hit the delete key, and
this will take care of it!
8 If you did not find it in that startup folder, then hit the back key
(normally the last key on the numbers row) until you are back in the list
of users.  Then follow steps 1 through 8 again.
There might be a easier way, but I am new to XP, and this is the only way
I know.
Hope this helps,
Chris Chaffin