off topic but urgent for online banking

  • From: "Linda Parent" <mslparent25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 00:36:49 -0400

Hi,

I am writing this to avoid this happening to them.  I was using Norton
antivirus and never had a problem until now.  When I went to the bank today, my
entire bank account was stolen.  Apparently there is a virus called bankfraud
and norton did not pick it up and it is not listed on their site to my
knowledge.  All you have to do is go to an online bank site and the same may
happen to you if you use norton.  I went online to find a free scan and found
one called Stopsign.  I'm not trying to promote spam but all the money I saved
is history in the 28 years I worked and I don't want this happening to someone
else.  It is an online subscription and it caught this virus and some others
norton didn't and you get other benefits and storage space.  My machine is now
"bankfraud" free but too late.  If anyone wants to contact me privately about
this, my machine is infection free.  So the bottom line is if you use norton,
don't go to online banking sites.

Linda Parent