Re: number keys was determining text color with Jaws

  • From: "Richard Sherman" <squirman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 17:02:59 -0800

Hi,
Just a friendly note here. I do not remember where I heard it but this may
help with the confusion about number keys.

When referring to any number key it is good practice to put numpad in front
of the number key if you are referring to a number key found on the number
pad. Other wise it is assumed that you are talking about the number row.

For example:

Use insert + numpad 8 for the say line command.

Use insert + 8 activates keyboard manager.

This may help alleviate unnecessary emails and confusion.

Just my two cents here.

Rich