Re: norton ghost 2003

  • From: Bill <bill.cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 02:17:43 -0500

their is to my knowledge no such thing as ghost 2005, ghost 9 replaced
ghost 2003.

part of the reason for the numbering scheme change is due in part to the
fact ghost 9 is really not a successor to ghost 2003, no its the power
quest backup program acquired by symantec.

the power quest program prior to the symantec purchase was not as good in
my view as ghost nor did it support command line options, except in the
network version that cost much more.

i did not like the fact it would not make an exact image.

realize now that symantec has it ghost nine may have added command line
switches and fix that other issue.

with it being all windows based not sure how it would do the command line
switches though.

if its not able to do so one may be able to remember all the steps to do a
reinstall with its windows interface.

bill

p s suspect your referring to ghost 9 that probably ships with system works
2005.