Re: msn messenger issue?

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <cmchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:15:29 -0400

Hi all,
I don't know if this is the reason for the problems with Jaws 6.1 and MSN
6.2, but I got this from another list.  It seems like it solved the problem
for many people, so I would suggest checking to see if it helped your
problem.  This might also be the reason why MSN 6.2 does not work with 6.0
after trying it with Jaws 6.1.

*****message about MSN and Jaws 6.1***
In your message window, do an insert-5--(5 being on the number row keys
across
the top) and see what colour you are set at.
After I installed Jaws 6.1 Windows Messenger would not read the messages in
the
window and it turned out that when I checked the colour contrast of the
message
it read "black on black."
I had not changed this setting so something during the install must have
changed
my screen settings in some way. Once I adjusted the colour--and I believe I
selected the default, all was well again with the ability of reading
messages in
the message window.
***End of message***
Hope this helps,