Re: msimn

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 22:08:29 -0400

Well I thought I remembered this problem with windows ME.  And I did a
goggle search and unfortunately it all looked familiar.  You aren't going to
like what I found.  It has to do with video drivers.  I copied the following
from one of the websites I found.  But I don't know if you know it but if
you update your video drivers with Jaws, you will get a video intercept
error.  If you know it is coming after you update your drivers and restart,
it isn't too hard to handle.  But if all of a sudden you don't have speech
and you don't know why, then that is another matter.
Well here is what I copied.  I don't know what you want to do with this
information.  How often do you get the error?  I might even put up with the
error messgae if it isn't too often, grin.  Does it just make you close OE
and restart it, or does it make you restart the computer?
Do you plan on upgrading to XP anytime soon?
Here is what I copied that I thought you might find useful:
For Video driver problems, try the following:
- Set the video driver to a different screen size and/or number of colors
(Control Panel,
Display, Settings).
- Control Panel, System, Performance, Graphics, and reduce (or turn off) the
Hardware
Acceleration.
- If DirectX is installed, turn off the Direct Draw Hardware Acceleration
using the
DXTOOL.EXE program (Start, Find, Files or Folders, DXTOOL).
- If using any animated cursors, screen savers, etc., turn those off.

If these don't fix the problem, you should get an updated video driver
from your
video card manufacturer or your PC manufacturer.  Sometimes you get better
(more stable)
drivers from the video CHIP manufacturer than you do from the video CARD
manufacturer.  They
probably have a
web site.  Even if the above don't help, you should still check for updated
drivers.  And
in some cases, the latest driver is not the best but a prior one is.
End of copied material.
I told you that you weren't going to like it!  Nobody wants to hear the word
video problems when you use jaws, ha ha.
Debbie