RE: mouse over links

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:31:40 -0700

One of the features in Jaws that I like is the ability to personalize
web pages.  What I normally do is when I load a web page with mouseover
links I check them out, if they function and actually do provide me with
a menu option I might want I leave them on and go on.  If, as is often
the case, they actually do nothing I use the shift insert V option, and
turn off the feature, save the settings and the next time that
particular page comes up I don't hear them but they are available to me
on pages that are unfamiliar or on pages where I know they actually do
something.

In this fashion I can have what I need, I don't have to hear them if I
have found that pressing control enter does nothing for the page, but
they will be present until I have determined that they are not going to
be any advantage to me.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx